Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Rambling then paintball with Frenchmen and Kyle

Do you ever just not feel like blogging? Well, not that I'm a regular or anything, but blogging is a lot harder than I thought. I had high hopes for this blog ever since moving to France. It was going to be awesome! Posts about everything French! The food, the culture, the language, the art, the history, the works! And then it just didn't happen. I'm disappointed in myself. Everyday I see something cool, hear something hilarious or think of something witty and I think "hey, I'm going to blog that". Then, at 9 o'clock  at night, I look at my computer and think "is that really worth sharing? Other people will probably think it's stupid" and then I just curl up on the couch with husband and play sudoku (I'm addicted). By nightfall my creative juices are running on empty. For example this post on paintball (see below) was started 10 days ago. But I just didn't finish because...because...I can't remember why. This is my daily battle with the blog. I could give you a million excuses "I have to plan the lesson for primary", "I need to look up dental hygiene jobs", " I'll have to download pictures from my camera, oh it's so hard", "I need to clean my bathroom", "I need to make a dessert to take to the ward meal", "I need to this", "I need to that"  . . . sheesh I'm getting a headache. What I think I'm trying to say is that I guess what it comes down to is write the blog for you and no one else Ariel! Who cares what other people think. And that's all I got to say about that. For now.


A couple weeks ago we drove out to the middle of nowhere and went paintballing with the youth. Actually it was supposed to young men and young women but I ended up being the only girl. I said the middle of nowhere but it was more like a field next to a shed next to a bigger shed that had a secret motorcycle clubhouse inside. I love that one of the members in our little branch is the leader of "The Rockers"--a motorcycle club in the south of France. He's also a tattoo artist (I have it on good authority that President Hinckley's picture is hanging up in his salon). Everybody, even at church, calls him "Canard" which means duck in French. Yes, this guy is awesome. He let everyone come out to his place for an overnight activity. We paintballed, played darts, pool, cards and  ate "sandwhich americain". 

Mattieu giving the thumbs up

bullseye

hot husband

hot husband #2 sporting paint on his face

hot husband represents

Moi

I think I got someone

Kyle going in for the kill, I mean, knock out as my dad would say

Mattieu got the worst of it, owie



Kyle playing a serious game of darts

Clemont looks like he's going to be sick and oh, I spy a dancing pole...


what a bunch of tough men

Yay, I finally posted it! Now I have to run off to Clara's to learn how to make a French soup while Kyle enjoys Branch Presidency meeting. Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment