Thursday, February 10, 2011

An odd dinner with a bit of good news

Spaghetti and bacon--that's what's for dinner when you desperately need to faire les courses (go grocery shopping). And that's all I have to say about that. Just thought you'd want to know.

Today I got a job! Well somewhat. Don't tell the French government or they'll be mad. Not really, uh maybe a little mad. The nurse who works at our school offered me a petite job teaching her two children English. Tonight we went over to their house to meet them and talk over logistics and such over tea and cake. We were very impressed with this family. The parents were so pleasant. We talked about a lot of interesting things and they were very entertaining. As soon as they heard my name, they mentioned how it means "Lion of God" in Hebrew. Thanks to my dad, I knew that already. And then they asked if Kyle knew what his name means--it means handsome ( I won't argue with that, Carol and Dave named him well...) I was very flattered when they complimented me on my American English accent. Apparently I speak very clearly and they are pleased because it will help their children to learn better. Now the children--we've never seen such adorable and well-behaved children. They have quite the imaginations. The little boy was drawing pictures for Kyle the entire time of penguins, telescopes and constellations! And before we left, they wrapped two little bons bons (candies) for us as a present. Thoughtful, amiable, polite and adorable--I love it. As soon as we left their flat we decided our children are going to be exactly like that. I am definitely looking forward to Tuesday evenings now.

Kyle finished his last work day before vacances today (silly French, they work six weeks then have to take two weeks off). We are very excited because we are going to party it up at Carnival in Nice (see image below). Kyle served his mission here so we're excited to go to church and catch up with friends. Hopefully I get to post while we are there but you never know about internet at cheap European hotels...gotta love the adventures. Bisous!

No comments:

Post a Comment